Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sideroads of Halton Hills Magazine

"The ultimate inspiration is the deadline." Nolan Bushnell


Good morning followers! See my quote? The author is the guy who invented Atari and Pong!! How cool is he?!?
Well, do I ever have a busy day ahead of me... Good thing my vat of coffee is as strong as jet fuel! So, if you didn't read my blog yesterday, I will quickly fill you in. I have a page all to myself in the fall edition of the 'Sideroads of Halton Hills' magazine, published four times a year. My deadline is tomorrow, at which time I must submit three recipes, complete with photographs, a short quip at the beginning of each recipe and a quick bio. Oh yes, I need a head shot for my bio... I forgot about the head shot! Oh well, at least I remembered!! So, for a few weeks now I have been thinking of recipe ideas, but I haven't been that focused. No no, don't worry my followers, yesterday I got down to some serious brainstorming and came up with three recipe ideas. I'm thinking 'Root vegetable fritters with curry dip,' as the appetizer (the curry dip can be found on my 'Recipes' page), 'Roast pork with apple, bacon and sage stuffing,' as the main, and 'Spiced pumpkin custards with candied nuts,' as the dessert. What do you think? The editor wanted me to keep it seasonal and local. No problem! That's what I do best! Alrighty followers, I know today's blog isn't the best, but I wanted to keep you updated! I'm gonna get started now, while I'm fresh and frisky! I'm diving in with the fritters first, takin' on those pesky lil' custards second and will rassle that pork roast later on this afternoon! Yeee haa! It's gonna be a good day and as always, I'll be back tomorrow to let you know that it was all a complete disaster! Just kidding!! It's going to be perfect!!! Till tomorrow!

2 comments:

Any Ominous said...

awesome Sarah, kick ass

Unknown said...

Thanks! It is exciting! :)