Monday, August 23, 2010

"Family is the most important thing in the world." Princess Diana


Monday morning, again... I hope you are having a good one!
So, followers, how was your weekend? Ours was great! We had a sleepover at my grandparents and it was so much fun! When Kev was done work on Saturday, we packed our overnight bag and hit the road for Hamilton. After years of being between Hamilton, Muskoka and Port Dover, my Grandparents finally decided to settle and moved into a new house last year. It's a lovely place! As soon as we arrived, we jumped into my Grandparent's SUV and went to a Chinese restaurant for dinner. It was really good and oh man, did we ever eat a lot! After dinner, we went back to their house and watched The Gershwin Award concert for Sir Paul McCartney. At that point, even though we weren't very hungry, my Grandma put out chips and dip. Let me tell you, that dip was delicious! After a few beers for the boys, a few glasses of strawberry wine for the girls and quite a few laughs, we all went to bed. In the morning, Grandma and Grandpa made us a big brekkie of fried eggs, ham and toast. Yum! A few things about my Grandparents that have been passed on to the rest of us is their love of music, sense of humour and a healthy appetite. Music is always being played, laughter can always be heard and food is always on the table. Kev and I were thinking of leaving after breakfast, but hours of chatting turned into lunch! A big bowl of chicken noodle soup, sandwiches, pickles and olives were on the menu. So good! After a couple more beers for the boys and a couple of gin and tonics for the girls, we continued to chat and laugh late into the afternoon. I love my Grandparents. They have seen a lot, but there is still a lot to see. They talk about the past, but they also talk about the future. They like to be busy and stay young that way. Heck, my Grandpa is thinking about building an exercise room in basement to house their treadmill and wii! How cool is that?! My Grandparents are an inspiration and I'm a bit embarrassed to say that, because I know they will be reading my blog today on their lab top! (Hmm... Hey Grandpa, could you email me that chip dip recipe? I will post it tomorrow! Thank you and thank you again for a great visit!) Family is everything. So don't take it for granted, because in the end, who else do we really have? Bye for now...

No comments: