Friday, August 20, 2010

Sideroads of Halton Hills Magazine

"DONE!" Me

Wow, I am done... Crazy times! I just sent my recipes off to the editor and he says they look good! Thank goodness! I just sent off my photos, I hope he likes them as well! Here are my food shots, I like the dessert the best... Actually, the dessert makes the other two look like chopped liver, but what can u do?! Now, I know that real photographers out there (Harry, for instance), are cringing at my photos, but a busy girl with a deadline has gotta do, what a busy girl has gotta do! Enjoy...

First up, root vegetable fritters. These little critters are so so hard to make look good! I tried stacking them, just shooting one, the sauce in a dish on the side, etc... I wanted the shot to be light and happy, just as they would be as appetizer for a party.


The roast was a really tough one! Transferring the stuffing from the back of the roast to the front was difficult, but it had to be done. I placed the roasted bits here and there for colour. I tried to kept it glossy and tried to light it in a way in which it highlighted the top of the roast, all shiny and delicious.


The dessert turned out great and was the quickest to shoot. Simple and elegant. I wanted it to look like it was shot at night, on a table, after dinner... It looks you could just dive in and devour it, don't you think?


 The editor says the magazine will go to press in 4 weeks, so I'm sure I'll hear from him if there are any changes, etc... And don't worry followers, I'll keep you all up to date! Oh yes, by the way, the photos will only end up being about 5 cms in size. Just thought I should mention that...
Alrighty, followers have a great weekend and we will catch up on Monday! I'm sure a few culinary adventures will come my way and I'll tell you all about them! Bye for now!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what is the dessert? it looks yummy.

Unknown said...

Hiya, it's a spiced pumpkin custard topped with sugared pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds) and pecans. It does look good, doesn't it? :)