Sunday, June 20, 2010

"How luscious lies the pea within the pod." Emily Dickinson


Happy Monday, my followers! I hope you all had a great weekend and that your Father's Day events were a success!
Well, since we have talked last week, I have had a great opportunity fall into my lap! On Saturday I was called into work for a catering company who is doing the food for the G20 and G8! How exciting! I know the head Chef and they need help, so I'm in! What a great break for a freelance Chef like myself. Full time work for a week, no problem! The head Chef is already up in Huntsville, leaving his Sous Chef (assistant), behind to run the Toronto show. Let me tell you, it's a huge operation and these people know what they are doing! This same catering company did all the food for Canada's Hockey Team execs at the Olympics in Vancouver, the women's championship tennis in Calgary and the P.G.A. golf tournie in Oakville, to name a few. I'm excited to be working, but my blog is going to suffer because if it... My blogs will most likely be sporadic and I'm not sure what the pics will be or if I will be able to do many recipes. Sorry followers, but starting between 6 and 7 am and not knowing when I'm going to be finished everyday, probably won't leave me a lot of time to blog. But, I promise to give you all a behind the scenes view of a huge catering undertaking! It will be interesting, that's for sure!
Now, back to the weekend... Yesterday my sweetie Kev and I did double family duty! A Birthday/Father's Day bash at Kev's brother Geoff's house here in Georgetown, accompanied by a great BBQ mixed grill lunch with salads. Yum! Then off to My family's Father's Day party, accompanied by a yummy BBQ mixed grill dinner with horseradish mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus and a combo of sugar snap and green arrow peas, freshly picked from our land! That's right, our very own herbicide and pesticide free garden in Norfolk County! Now, I am not lying when I tell you that our peas from the pod were the best I have ever tasted! So sweet and juicy, even my brother's wife, Michelle, who hates peas liked them! They are first veggies to be harvested from our garden, isn't that exciting?! And let me tell you something else! If everything we produce this season is as good as those peas, we are going to be very happy farmers indeed!
Well, bye for now my followers. I will have a blog for you as soon as I can (I really hope it'll be tomorrow!). Hmmm, kinda sad, eh? Bye...

1 comment:

Kids Birthday Party Calgary said...

Hi dear
I am also wishing that you also enjoyed on the father's day with your kids.