Monday, May 27, 2013

Favourite Ontario Asparagus Recipes

"Asparagus inspires gentle thoughts." Charles Lamb

Freshly harvested homegrown Ontario asparagus! Heavenly!
 
Hello followers, feel like harvesting your own asparagus? Head out to Andrew's Scenic Acres in Halton Hills to pick your own. They even provide the knife! Ha!
Also, I have started my own business of doing cooking demonstrations! Please check out my website 'Sarah's Culinary Adventure.com' to see how I can teach you to make delicious hors d'oeuvres, appetizers and other party fare!
Well, Ontario asparagus is currently making it's appearance in every market, grocery store and country road stall around! If you're lucky, it might even be in your own garden! We have our own asparagus patch on our 10 acres of land in Norfolk County, Ontario and we are so happy to be harvesting and eating it after four years of growing. That's right, it takes four years of nurturing your asparagus before you can fully harvest the crop. It has been well worth the wait though, because our homegrown asparagus, which we have grown chemical free, is absolutely delectable! So sweet and juicy, I swear it's the best asparagus I've ever had!


A view from our 10 acres in Norfolk  County, Ontario.
 
So, to celebrate this short season of Ontario asparagus, I have decided to make a collection of some of my favourite asparagus recipes from blogs gone by! I hope really you enjoy them and relish the wonderful taste of Ontario asparagus because it will be gone soon and we'll have to wait until next year to savour it again! Isn't nature cruel sometimes?!
Enjoy the recipes and I will be back very soon with a report on me and my sweetie's garden here in Georgetown and also a couple of garden projects I've been working on! Fun times! Till then, followers!   
 

No comments: