Thursday, March 27, 2014

Quick Egg in Kale Nest, Gluten Free, Alkaline

"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” Lewis Carroll

 
Good morning, followers! Today's blog is super short coz I`m busy getting prepped to do some cooking demos with All The Best Fine Food's Jane Rodmell at the Spring Cottage Life Show! Fun!
I LOVE breakfast and always make sure to give myself enough time to make something delicious and enjoy it with a big mug of tea or coffee (my mood changes daily) and a tall glass of water. I also love to take a photo of my brekkie if it turns out extra special by whatever means possible: phone, point and shoot, DSLR. The other day at work I raved about my tasty new creation to my friend Cheryl, showed her a pic on my phone and told her what to do. The next day, she told me she made the breakfast with spinach instead of kale and absolutely loved it! Cheryl insisted I blog my recipe, hence today's quick post! I hope you also try out my new fave brek and love it!
 

Simple and Tasty Recipe:
 
Quick Egg in Kale Nest, Gluten Free, Alkaline
(serves 1)
 
1 tsp. oil, I use sunflower or olive
1 scallion, chopped
2 to 3 large kale leaves, washed and either chopped or ripped into bite size pcs
1 egg
About 2 tbsp. water
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
2 tbsp. fresh parsley, washed and chopped
 
Place the oil in a small frying pan, heat on medium and toss in the scallion and kale. Stir and fry until the kale begins to wilt, about 2 mins. Push the greens aside in the middle and crack the egg into the open space. Pour in the water on one side of the pan (it's okay if it's on the kale), place a lid on top and allow to steam/cook for another 2 to 3mins until the egg is cooked to your desired preference. Sprinkle over salt, pep and the chopped parsley. Transfer to a plate and enjoy!
There are no limits to this recipe and you can add whatever greens or veggies you like! The variations are endless and the method never changes. Serve the egg and kale on it's own, or on a piece of toast. This is a perfect year round breakfast and I can guarantee that you'll be excited to start your day with this on the table! Bye for now, followers! I'll be back soon!


No comments: