Friday, August 23, 2013

Summer in Norfolk County, Ontario

 
Ahhh, so peaceful...

Hiya followers! If you live anywhere close to Georgetown, Ontario, make sure to check out my website and sign up to one of my cooking demonstrations! You can either come out to The Carter Farm Market, or I will come out to your house for a private demo! www.sarahsculinaryadventure.com

Well, it's been a little while since I've posted any of my photos of our 10 acres of countryside in Norfolk County, Ontario. It's our escape from the city and we love to get out there as much as possible! Whether it's gardening, camping out, having a picnic, playing horseshoes or just plain relaxing in the peace and quiet of the land, I always try to have a camera handy to document the good times. Enjoy!

My sweetie watching the official Canada Day horseshoe tournament! Yes, he's wearing a Canada Day tie! Ha!
 
Homegrown garlic, anyone?!
 
Potato plant flowers
 
Anjou pears

Russet apples
 
 One of our several ancient apple trees on the property.
 
 Red-spotted Purple butterfly
 
Mourning Cloak butterfly
 
A Praying Mantis on our tent. 
 
We spotted this big guy in the tomatoes! It's a Ceratomia Undulosa larva, which will become a Waved Sphinx moth!
 

A bumble bee enjoying one of the flowers in my Mum's meadow.



 Mum's meadow.

The perfect evening for a bonfire! Wish we were there right now...

No comments: