Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2nd Annual Food Photography Awards Toronto

Happy New Year!

Meringue Sanwiches

Hello my fave followers! I hope you have all had a good start to the new year and wish you all the best for 2012! Did you make your resolutions? This year I have made quite a few and so far, I have stuck to them all (11 days in... not bad! Ha!). First and foremost, I wanted to fix up my blog, et voila! What do you think? A face lift was long overdue and I think the good ol' blog has turned out lookin' pretty new and shiny! If you have noticed, I have also added a new subtitle 'Romancing Ontario...' I love it and that's another one of my resolutions! I am going to get out and about this year and explore our lovely province! I want to discover and cook with locally made and grown ingredients, find farmers' markets (big and small) and simply enjoy where we live! And of course, I will take you along on this adventure through recipes, stories and photographs. I also have some other great ideas for my blog, but I won't reveal any of them now... You'll just have to come back and find out what I have in store!
I also have some fun news to share today! I was recently sent a link to the 2nd Annual Food Photography Awards taking place in Toronto. Open to amateur photographers like myself, I decided to go for it! Why not?! I submitted two photos, the one above of the mini meringues with lemon marmalade and the one below of a bumblebee in the garden. The winners will be awarded at The Drake Hotel in Toronto on Jan. 16th. Good luck everyone! While searching through my photos I was reminded of some pictures I have taken that I really like and decided to post them today. A bit of a best of 2011, I suppose!
Well followers, I must be on my way but I will be back next week, when the new adventures of 2012 will begin! If you would like to make a recipe request or leave a comment, please click on the comment link below and go for it!

Bumblebee in the garden

Apple blossoms
 
Mum's radishes


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah,
This is the best blog ever.
Love
Dad

Unknown said...

Thank you, Dad!