Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Our London Food Tour: Part One, Harrods


Hiya followers!
My sweetie Kev and I went on a trip to Scotland and England earlier this summer. We weren't sure if we were going to venture down into London, since both of us have been there a few times before. But, upon further pondering, I came up with an idea! Instead of hitting all the major tourist attractions which both of us had already seen, I though we could do something a bit different. Why not visit some of the cities best food spots?! After a quick Google search, I got my sweetie to make a map of the five food spots I wanted to see and guess what? They were all with in walking distance of each other! So, the map was printed and put into the suitcase and off we went to Edinburgh, with the plan to head south into London a week later.

Our London Food Tour: Part One, Harrods

 
Harrod's motto: Omnia Omnibus Ubique - All Things for All People, Everywhere.
Harrods is a luxury department store located in Knightsbridge, London. The business was established in 1849 and the shop, as we see it today, was built in 1883. With 330 departments, seven floors and over one million square feet of retail space, it's no wonder that Harrods attracts more than 15 million customers per year. The famous Food Hall is located on the ground floor and is just as grand as you could imagine! My collection of photos are below, but if you wish to have a more in depth view, watch this video I found on YouTube. Enjoy the grandeur!


Soon to come... Our London Food Tour: Part Two, Laduree


 
 
 
 





















 

No comments: