Friday, September 30, 2011

Poached Ontario Pears in Cranberry Juice, Sideroads of Halton Hills Magazine

"Fruits poached in a syrup gain flavor and sophistication, as well as easing the pressure on a busy cook." The Silver Palate Cookbook


Hello followers!
Well, didn't summer pack up and leave as quickly as she came into town?! I shouldn't complain though, for now we are all reaping the harvest of late summer and early fall! It's a great time for locally grown produce and the perfect time to start cooking inside again. Heck, with the chill in the air these days, it's nice to have the stove or oven on to warm up the kitchen! I have been doing quite a lot of cooking lately, mostly developing and testing recipes for Jane Rodmell of Cottage Life Magazine. I have been working on several ideas for two issues of the magazine. Believe it or not, the work is being done for March and May 2012! They certainly like to work ahead! Besides working for Cottage Life, I have also been doing my own recipes for the Sideroads of Halton Hills Magazine (they only work on deadlines that are 2 months ahead! Ha!)! I am currently coming up with ideas for the winter issue, meanwhile the fall issue just came out this week! So, today I have decided to share the recipe I developed for poached pears. Extremely easy to make and (as it says in today's quote...), sophisticated in appearance, they are a perfect dessert to wow your guest. Just make sure to choose locally harvested pears that are still firm, as soft pears would fall apart while poaching. If you'd like a closer look, just click on the article below to enlarge!
Okay followers, it is time to bid you all adieu! I know I haven't been blogging much this summer, but I am thinking that once our wedding is over, I will definitely have more time! So many people told me that a wedding is hard work and there would be a lot to do... Well, they weren't lying! I just hope that with all of our hard working and planning, that we will have a great day for all of our guests to enjoy! Bye for now followers and I will be back with more culinary adventures (and wedding adventures! Ahh!)!

No comments: