Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Potato Chip Dip

"Almost every person has something secret he likes to eat." M.F.K. Fisher

 
Hello followers! Isn't it so nice to sleep with the windows open?
Well, anyone know who me knows what I like to eat... potato chips!! Well, it's actually not just the chips I secretly eat, it's just about anything salty with a crunch. Cheezies, cheese sticks, popcorn, corn chips, fries, etc.! Savoury not sweet, that's me! I can't tell you how many nights I had chips as my late night dinner... Living within in the food industry is not the healthiest way to survive, that's for sure! I remember in Chefs school, we'd finish up around midnight and would rush to the closest pub for a dinner of pints and potato chips. Over the years I've tried to cut down and with Kev's good habits to influence me, I'm doing much better. But let me tell yah, any special occasion when I know those salty snacks will be around, I get excited! So, even though I ate a huge meal at the Chinese restaurant the other evening, when my Grandma offered chips and dip, I could not refuse! I'm glad I did though, because that dip was delicious! My Grandpa emailed me the recipe yesterday and Kev and I enjoyed it last night for a snack! Yum, yum, yum!

Simple and Tasty Recipe:

Potato Chip Dip
(about 2 cups)

1 package of cream cheese, softened
2 green onions
1 hard boiled egg
2 tbsp mayonnaise
pinch of garlic salt
dash of Worcestershire sauce

.throw everything in a food processor or blend, chill in fridge for 1 hour before serving, enjoy!
Now, I decided to process one of the green onions and slice the other (Kev and I like chunks...). I was also thinking that the addition of another cheese would be super tasty! Grated old white Cheddar, grated asiago or even crumbled blue cheese! Oh man, good thing we finished that bag of chips last night, coz now I feel like eatin' some chips for brekkie! Thank you for the recipe and as it turns out, it actually belongs to my Aunt Debbie's Mum! Thank you Lorraine, we love your dip and hopefully my followers will as well!
Now for some bad news... I will not have a blog tomorrow. I will be out of reach of a computer, so we'll have to meet up again on Thursday. Sorry! Till then, my fave followers!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Chips and dips are my weakness. That's almost always what I crave on a lazy Sunday (like today). It's interesting that you include eggs in your recipe. I'll have to try that!

Unknown said...

Mmmm, chips and dips! They are the best, aren't they? Yes, the egg is an interesting addition but it does add a unique creaminess to the dip. Thank you for your comment Sara, your blog is lovely!
Sarah